Early College Program Online Summer Institute
The deadline to apply for the Merit Scholarship and Need-Based Aid is March 1, 2021!
Early College Program Online Summer Institute 2021 Session Dates
Session 1: June 21–July 9 (Morning, afternoon, and full day sessions available)
Session 2: July 12–July 30 (Morning, afternoon, and full day sessions available)
Session 3: August 2–August 20 (Morning, afternoon, and full day sessions available)
Morning and Afternoon sessions are 1.0 college credit and full day sessions are 2.0 college credits.
We’re very excited to be launching our Early College Program Online Summer Institute, led by our highly acclaimed faculty of artists and designers who have adapted their course content to a virtual platform. You will join peers from around the globe to create portfolio quality work, deepen your understanding of contemporary art making, and earn college credit. Experience dynamic virtual demos, engage in group critiques, and receive the ideal blend of one-on-one meeting time with faculty, and independent exploration.
Join us for one session or all three! We’ve designed the courses so you can continue to dig deeper into your projects if you enroll in multiple sessions.
- Online: 2D Animation*
- Online: Advanced Drawing and Painting Projects
- Online: Advanced Interdisciplinary Projects
- Online: Alternative Comics and Graphic Novels
- Online: Animation and Video Projects*
- Online: Animation and Video Projects Intermediate and Advanced*
- Online: Design Projects*
- Online: Drawing/Painting/Comics and Graphic Novels
- Online: Drawing and Comics
- Online: Experimental Drawing
- Online: Fashion Design and Constructions
- Online: Interdisciplinary Projects
- Online: Material Manipulation
- Online: Painting Intensive
- Online: Visual Communication Design
- Online: Writer's Studio
Note: Students are required to have their own computer.
*If enrolled in Animation and Video Projects, Design Projects, 2D Animation, or Visual Communication Design, you will be provided with an Adobe Creative Cloud License for the duration of the course. We recommend that you have a laptop that meets the minimum requirements for Adobe Creative Cloud.Course Highlights
- Work with our amazing faculty of practicing artists, designers, and scholars
- Earn college credit that may transfer to any college you attend.
- Connect with visiting artists from around the globe
- Collaborate with students from across the United States and around the world
- Prepare a competitive portfolio for college admission
- Participate in a virtual exhibition which will be publicized on SAIC’s main social media channels
Special Benefits for Students Applying to SAIC for Fall 2022
- Robust faculty and admissions application advising, including merit portfolio preparation advice
- The opportunity to receive your admission decision by October 15, earlier than any other SAIC applicant , providing that you have submitted all of your application materials
- An optional workshop focused on preparing a digital portfolio and website
Students must be at least 15 years old and not older than 18 years and have completed their sophomore year of high school to enroll.